4.9.08

Patience is a Virtue

I'm kind of feeling stuck at the moment...

My husband and I are currently living with my parents while our new house is finished being built. Everything I own apart from my clothing is packed in boxes in a storage unit. Daily we go out to our house and the anticipation grows for the day when I will call that place home.

Things at work are revving up for the new school year and I have a bazillion ideas in my head. I'm learning that unfortunately there aren't nearly enough hours in my days to make everything happen...and some dreams take time to develop...and likely won't begin to happen for a few months, potentially even years.

I feel like I'm on a constant journey to discovering a life of patience. It's said that patience is a virtue, although I'm quite confident that it's a fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22). We all know that you can tell a tree by its fruit. If an apple tree were to grow oranges it really wouldn't be an apple tree.

And so I am learning patience so that my fruit matches up with the tree that I claim to be.

No comments: