17.6.10

a thankful heart is a happy heart

The weather at the moment is less then optimal considering it's the middle of June and Father's Day weekend. It's currently raining, and I don't mean just spitting, it's raining. Everything is drenched.

Unfortunately, Father's Day weekend plans may have to be canceled, adjusted, or relocated. There is more then enough reason to complain...and yet, I've decided to do otherwise. I've always been a huge fan of Veggie Tales, videos where vegetables talk and teach incredible life lessons. In a particular episode there's a song that has a the following line:
"a thankful heart is a happy heart. I'm glad for what I have and that's an easy place to start."
On this incredibly wet day, I'm choosing a thankful heart.
I'm thankful for, the roof over my head, the incredibly green grass, hot coffee, boots, pashmina's, trench coats, an indoor job, down spouts, muffins for breakfast, a loving family, the best husband in the world...

and I could go on, and on, and on.

It's easy to look at the negative, it's often magnified more then it deserves. What will you choose today?

As for me, it's a thankful heart all way, because truly, my heart is more then happy.

No comments: