22.7.10

summer

The past three summers have been anything but restful. Between being involved in conferences and Day Camps my weeks and days have filled up leaving very little time to plan for the coming school year.

This summer however, has turned out to be quite different. Because of various changes in ministries throughout the city over the past year, my summer has turned out to be anything but busy, which has in turn been incredible refreshing.

In the months leading up to summer I found I had ample time to prepare for the school holidays, rather then feeling as though I've had to play catch-up throughout June, July & August. As well, I've had time to plan, prepare and pray for the coming school year. Not only have I had time to get ready for the fall season, but also time to make some changes and do a bit of face-lift to our children's ministry.

I don't know why I'm still surprised when God works out things perfectly in His timing. Truly this summer "off" couldn't have come at a more perfect time in my life. Although I faced the summer months thinking I'd be anything but productive, that has proved to be quite wrong, for which I am so happy. If anything, I've learned that I need to make the most of the time I've been given. Whether that's running a children's ministry program at a conference, or taking time to dream and plan for what's to come, how productive I am is totally up to me.

There is no doubt in my mind that God does not make mistakes, and although facing the summer of 2010 it seemed as though there was some sort of mistake, I realize that this is actually perfect!

No comments: