22.3.11

Wall of Fame

I have a cork/bulletin board in my office that hangs on the wall next to my desk. It's littered with notes, pictures, homemade jewelry, drawings & crafts...all little reminds of the incredible little ones in my life. This board is so full that artwork has spilled over to walls, held in place with sticky tack & push pins.

Although I feel so honoured & loved by these gifts which decorate my walls, sometimes I can't help but wonder who feels more loved. The kids who cry when they have to leave church on Sunday, who invite me to their birthday parties, who beg for an invitation to come to my house, to have my babysit, or to have a sleepover in my trailer while camping, who grow up a bit & begin to invite me to band concerts, sporting events & ask for permission to use my name on resumes...who feels more loved?

For as much as I'm assuming the precious children in my life must feel loved to want to give me gifts & invite me to be apart of their everyday lives, I'm the one who feels more loved then I can express. It's overwhelming for me to look around my office, to read text messages & comments on Facebook. For as much as my Wall of Fame may show how loved those in my world feel, it proves to me how loved I am. Truly, I'm the one who's really blessed.

No comments: