31.1.08

updating...and thinking outside the box.

I have two showcases at my place of work with which I can do (basically) whatever I please. The problem is, I don't know what I please.

I'm a bit over the usual church bulletin board things. I mean really, what worked while I was a child in Sunday School has probably quite working (not that bulletin boards EVER REALLY worked that well anyways). But what to do???

In Genesis 1 it talks about the creation of the world. How creative is God that He would have come up with the whole idea/concept/whatever you want to call it for the world as we know it? He thought up every animal, every plant, He even thought up each person before we even came to be (Psalm 139:16).
When the Bible tells us about the creation of people it says:

27 So God created man in his own image,
in the image of God he created him;
male and female he created them.

God created us people in His own image. Physical image, maybe not so much since we don't know what God looks like. But, emotionally I'd say we've been created in His image. AND we're creative like God.

When I share about the creativity of God I often share a story about ducks...
One day I was sitting by a lake with a good friend of mine having a cuppa and catching up on life. As we were chatting five ducklings waddled past us. For some reason these ducklings caught my eye. It wasn't unusual to see ducklings by this lake, in fact that was a "ducks crossing" sign near by the lake we were sitting at. The thing that caught my attention was that each duckling was different, from the colour of their feathers, to their feet and their bills. Each one of these ducklings was uniquely different. It was at that moment that our incredible creator spoke softly to my heart showing me that He cares not only for every person that He has created unique, but that He also cares so much for all of His creation that He would create ducklings unique as well.

So as far as my show cases go, I know that I have the somewhere within me the same creativeness that my God has. And I'm so looking forward to that creativity coming forth as I create for His glory.

No comments: